Henry L. Allen Jr
Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management
California State University Chico, 1996
Henry started his career in 1987 with a summer job, framing custom homes in Santa Cruz, California. He quickly realized a deep sense of pride and satisfaction from his work. Henry progressed from a framer into a skillful finish carpenter. In 1992, Henry enrolled into the Construction Management program at Chico State University to further expand his passion for the industry. After receiving his degree in 1996, he went on to manage several commercial building projects for companies such as Dennis Banks Construction, a commercial contractor in Reno, Nevada, with $20 million in annual volume, and Koll Construction, an international commercial contractor and developer headquartered in Newport Beach, California, with over $400 million in annual volume.
In 2001, Henry ventured out on his own and founded HD Pacific Builders, Inc., a prestigious bay area builder, with specialties in commercial tenant improvements and custom home remodels. His approach involves meticulous up front planning and scheduling with a high level of attention to detail and craftsmanship from start to finish. He is guided by ethics and is known for delivering what he promises, on time and on budget, assuring a positive building experience for his clients.
Henry has an extensive background that encompasses all phases of the industry including design, pre-planning, estimating, project management, quality control, carpentry, safety, personnel training and supervision.
During his career, he has been responsible for the completion of numerous and diverse projects such as office, industrial, R & D, medical facilities, restaurants, fuel stations, and custom residential homes. Noteworthy projects include:
- The Gillespie / Sparks Building – a 150,000 square foot manufacturing facility in El Cajon, CA.
- The Technology Plaza R&D Center – a 160,000 square foot Bio / Med research center in San Diego, CA.
- Construction of three TGI Friday’s Restaurants in San Diego, Thousand Oaks & Union City, CA.
- Multiple Chevron Fuel Station / Convenience Store / Carwash – 5,000 square foot design build projects in Reno, NV.
- The Belleview Duplex – a 3,500 square foot design build in Santa Cruz, CA.